Dear TFSD Students, Parents, Patrons, and Staff Members:
For the past 7 weeks we have been operating under Yellow Level Protocols. Due to the continued rise in COVID-19 cases in our community and after lengthy discussions with South Central Public Health District, the TFSD #411 Board of Trustees voted to move into Orange Level Protocols beginning next Wednesday, October 14, 2020.
Orange Protocols will limit the number of students in our buildings every day and as such should help prevent the spread of COVID-19. This protocol is a hybrid distance and in-person learning model so it is important that you know on which days your children will attend school. The entire plan can be found at https://www.tfsd.org/tfsd-operational-covid-protocol/. Please be aware of the following items:
- Students with the last names A-K will attend face to face on Tuesday and Thursday
- Students with the last names L-Z will attend face to face on Wednesday and Friday
- Secondary students will be online on Mondays
- Elementary cohorts will attend face to face every other Monday until 11:30 a.m.
- For extracurricular activities, participants are allowed to designate two spectators (beginning Monday, October 12)
Our goal is to help reduce spread in the community so that we can return to the yellow schedule and keep us from having to use the Red Protocol level, which would mean complete distance learning for all students.